Application for Admission to Practice Instructions
Applicants for admission to the bar of the Eastern District of Michigan must register on-line at www.pacer.gov
and submit during the registration process, the following documents:
- Original Certificate of Good Standing issued within the last 30 days from a court of record identified in the application.
(This must be issued from a court, not a bar association such as the Michigan State Bar.)
- Attorney Admission Terms and Conditions Form
- If applicable, a completed Disciplinary Disclosures form disclosing previous disciplinary
issues and a completed Declaration of Sponsor form in compliance with Local Rule 83.20(d)(3).
- If applicant's office is outside of the Eastern District of Michigan and applicant wishes to receive the Oath of Office via telephone or video conference,
a completed Declaration of Sponsor form in compliance with Local Rule 83.20(d)(3).
All forms must be uploaded on-line at www.pacer.gov and submitted during the registration process.
Oath of Office
LR 83.20 (a)(4), requires applicants who are granted admission to practice, to take the Oath of Office. The Oath of Office may be administered either in person,
or by telephone or video conference:
- In Person: Applicants with an office in the Eastern District of Michigan must take the Oath of Office in person. Applicants will receive
notification via e-mail with instructions regarding taking the Oath of Office.
- Telephone/Video Conference: Applicants who reside outside of the Eastern District of Michigan may take the oath remotely via telephone or
video conference. If the oath is going to be performed remotely, the applicant must contact the Clerk's Office prior to the administering of the oath and
provide a completed Declaration of Sponsor form and an
Oath of Office form.
If you have questions, please contact the Clerk's Office at 313-234-5000.