ADR / Mediation

Print Guideline

The Court strongly encourages the parties to participate in alternative dispute resolution. After consultation with the parties, the Court may refer a case to a private mediator for mediation or to a magistrate judge for settlement conference. The Court maintains a list of specialized and highly qualified mediators but will also consider a mediator jointly selected by the parties. If the parties attend a private mediation without a referral from the Court, the parties must provide the Court with the name and contact information of the mediator, along with the scheduled date for the mediation, in advance.