The United States District Court offers its employees a wide range of benefit programs. They include:
- Federal Employment Retirement System - Defined benefit plan used in combination with a 401(k) style contribution plan (TSP) and social security.
- Health Insurance - Cafeteria style system with many plans available including PPO's, fee for service plans, HMO's and high deductible plans with a health savings account option.
- Dental and Vision Insurance - Group plans leveraging the size of the Federal Judiciary for group savings.
- Life Insurance - Basic life with options to purchase enhanced coverage.
- Supplemental Benefits - Family friendly package that offers: Employee Assistance Program, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Long Term Care Insurance. Employees are also eligible to use transportation subsidy and health and dependant care reimbursement accounts. Flexible schedules and limited telecommute privileges are offered in some situations subject to management approval.
- Holidays - The court observes 10 paid holidays each year.
- Sick Leave - Employees are eligible for 13 days of sick leave per year.
- Annual Leave - Employees are eligible for 13 days of annual leave per year during the first 3 years of employment. After 3 years of employment, annual leave increases to 20 days per year, and to 26 days per year after 15 years of employment.